Jun 19, 2013

Enchanting the Lens

Do you ever meet someone and know immediately that they are exceptional? That they are young but still accomplishing great things? That happened to me earlier this year when these two beautiful sisters came into my studio. In 2012, Whitehorse hosted the Arctic Winter Games. When the events had concluded, I offered the gold medal athletes the opportunity to be photographed as my thanks to them for working hard and making Whitehorse proud.

Nikon D800 ISO100 48mm f8 1/160sec
Both of these girls are gold medal athletes! They are lovely, soft spoken and very friendly girls who clearly can perform under pressure whether in competition or in front of the camera. They are honestly as sweet as they seem in these photos. Their mama, who is one of the most incredible, funny women I know is obviously very proud of her girls and I hope she pats herself on the back for a job well done every single day. Blessed all around.

These portraits were done in the studio with my 86" PLM and an Alien Bees B800 strobe. This is easily my favorite studio lighting setup because of the soft wraparound effect of the large umbrella. It makes everybody look gorgeous!

Nikon D800 ISO100 60mm F11 1/160sec


Nikon D800 ISO100 70mm F11 1/60 

1 comment: